Andreas Jellinghaus wrote:
> the more important questions is: but why do we need an official ssl
> certificate at all? there is no user information on opensc-project.org,
> all we use ssl for is the developer write access to the svn repository
> (and the login with trac and awstats and munin -  but those are not
> very important).

I agree that a ssl protection for out websites isn't extremly important at
the moment (at for those who insist on a ssl connection our self-signed
certificate should be sufficient). Much more interesting IMHO would be sign
the official releases or at least sign the announcement mails (containing
a fingerprint of the latest tarballs).

Nils