On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Nils Larsch wrote:

> Vladislav Kurz wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007, Eddy Nigg (StartCom Ltd.) wrote:
>>
>>> Try this patch (not fully tested yet). Apply to current version or trunk.
>>
>> Thanks for the patch, i tried it with trunk. opensc-tool recognizes the
>> card, I can expore it with opensc-explorer and see the DF 6666 and
>> subdirectories, but I can't initialize it with pkcs15-init.
>>
>> $ /usr/local/bin/pkcs15-init -C
>> winscard_clnt.c:3232:SCardCheckDaemonAvailability() PCSC Not Running
>> [pkcs15-init] profile.c:303:sc_profile_load: you need to set profile_dir in
>> your config file.
>> [pkcs15-init] pkcs15-lib.c:353:sc_pkcs15init_bind: Failed to load profile:
>> File not found
>> Couldn't bind to the card: File not found
>>
>> In my config there is
>>          profile_dir = /usr/local/share/opensc;
>> and there are files cardos.profile, pkcs15.profile and others in
>> /usr/local/share/opensc
>>
>> I wonder whether I should add something extra into my config, or if some
>> dubug output would be of any help
>
> sure that OpenSC finds the config file (use trace, truss or
> whatever your os has to make sure that it really opens the
> config) ? This error message is afaik typical if opensc doesn't
> find the config (and hence cannot read the profile entry from
> to determine where the profile files are located).

Thanks for good hint. It was looking for /usr/local/etc/opensc.conf which
did not exist... Now I have succesfully initializes the card with

pkcs15-init --create-pkcs15 --profile pkcs15+onepin

I'm going to try make certificates and try using it for ssh, pam, gnupg.

Is there any test suite whose results might be interesting to developers?
E.g. trunk/src/tests/regression/run-all ?

Regards
Vladislav Kurz

--
Press Ctrl-Alt-Del to continue...