> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: opensc-devel@lists.opensc-project.org
> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 18:00:41 +0300
> Subject: Re: [opensc-devel] PKCS#15 / ISO7816-15 Question
>
> On Thursday 11 October 2007 15:46:03 Franz Brandl wrote:
>
> > The card does have a EF(DIR) in the MF, which perfectly contains the aid's
> > of the card applications.
> >
> > Problem ist - all the application DF's do not contain EF(ODF) files. In my
> > understanding, the EF(ODF) should be mandatory. At least it is in PKCS#15.
>
> Only PKCS-15 applications are supposed to contain EF(ODF), other applications
> are free to use any structure they want.
>
> In Turkey for example, national CA uses pkcs-15 for digital signatures, so
> you
> can use them for signing and login, etc with all pkcs-15 software (like
> pam_p11, firefox, thunderbird, etc). But health care is a property
> application and uses their own data structures.

hi,

i should have been more specific.

the card contains a EF(DIR) in the MF which points to a couple of
applications. So these applications are supposed to be PKCS#15
applications, otherwise they should not appear in EF(DIR), i guess.
some of them do contain an EF(ODF), but some don't, and that seems
strange to me. the rest of their file structure also seems like
PKCS#15, there are EF(DCOD) ..., but no EF(ODF).

Regards,

Brandy