On Thursday 11 October 2007 18:54:37 Franz Brandl wrote:

> the card contains a EF(DIR) in the MF which points to a couple of
> applications. So these applications are supposed to be PKCS#15
> applications, otherwise they should not appear in EF(DIR), i guess.

Nope, EF(DIR) is defined in ISO 7816 rather than PKCS. A PKCS15 application is
something in the EF(DIR) with A000000063504B43532D3135 as application id, and
if there are multiple PKCS15 apps, they are distinguished by OID or label
values in the EF(DIR). If app ID is not PKCS-15, you shouldn't expect proper
PKCS-15 structures inside the app path.

> some of them do contain an EF(ODF), but some don't, and that seems
> strange to me. the rest of their file structure also seems like
> PKCS#15, there are EF(DCOD) ..., but no EF(ODF).

Probably they used a simplified version of PKCS-15?