Hi Alon!

On Feb 13, 2008, at 10:09 PM, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> I've been working on a new build system for OpenSC.
Cool! This has needed attention for a while now.
> Please provide feedback or review branch [4], so I can request merge.
I've not yet had the time to test it on a Debian box but I'll try to
do that before next week. I remember some minor things but I'd like to
give precise suggestions.

> 4. openct, pcsc and nsplugins features are disabled by default.
I don't think it's a good idea to by default disable most used reader
interfaces by default, as I'd expect most software to behave nicely
after a ./configure; make; make install cycle. Have not tried it on
Linux, but we might include some special handling code for Mac as Mac
is a pretty defined platform. a ./configure; make; make install cycle
could work on osx as well flawlessly.

> 9. Add export files to each library in order to export only required
> symbols. Windows native build may use these files instead of scanning
> objects' symbols.
I should investigate this. While at it, we could also 'break' the
windows build, drop libltdl dependance and have a wrapper that uses
native win32 API calls on windows and libltdl on other platforms.

Great work and I hope we can release the next version with a new build
system and other generic improvements :)

m.
--
Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee