On Apr 3, 2008, at 7:24 AM, Ludovic Rousseau wrote:

Multi-slot is supported by my CCID driver and by pcsc-lite. Have a
look at the "Main CCID/ICCD features supported" section of [1].

But only a very small number of readers have more than one slot:
- the Gemalto GemCore POS Pro with two SIM card slot
- the SCM Micro SCR 331-DI with a dual interface: one slot for contact
card and one slot for contactless card. But the contactless card
interface is not well supported by my CCID driver because I don't have
the needed documentation
- the SCM Micro SDI 010 (same remark as above)

That relates to another question I've had--how session and thread safe are all these architectures (PCSC-lite, OpenSC, & OpenCT)? E.g., if I'm driving multiple heads off one Linux box, all with their own readers, how easy would it be for session A to use session B's card?

-- Tim