On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 12:26 AM, Emanuele Pucciarelli <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Il giorno 10/ago/08, alle ore 00:13, Ludovic Rousseau ha scritto:
>
>> Is it that simple than returning an error code (or something similar)
>> to Firefox so that Firefox asks the PIN to the user and issue a new
>> C_Login() with the PIN to the provider?
>>
>> Does OpenSC support that feature?
>> Does Firefox support that feature?
>
> In theory, if the private key has the CKA_ALWAYS_AUTHENTICATE attribute set
> (PKCS#11 ยง10.9, towards the end), then one C_Login() call will suffice for
> just one use of the private keys, and subsequent uses will return
> CKR_USER_NOT_LOGGED_IN.

Thanks, that was the information I was looking for.
Two problems with CKA_ALWAYS_AUTHENTICATE:
- it appeared in PKCS#11 v2.20 and is not present in earlier versions
- it is not (yet) supported by Firefox v3.0

After searching for CKA_ALWAYS_AUTHENTICATE in the OpenSC lists
archive I found interesting threads like:
- "Feature request : signing with the new belgian eID card" [1], Aug 2005
- "opensc/src/libopensc pkcs15.c, 1.103, 1.104 pkcs15.h, 1.82, 1.83"
[2] Mar 2005
- "Initial UserConsent support (no GUI yet)" [3] May 2005

The problem is not new but no real solutions has been provided AFAIK.

> I would guess that OpenSC does not support that right now, but it should be
> fairly easy to implement, and I would expect Firefox to support it. (Even if
> the developers did not support it explicitly, getting CKR_USER_NOT_LOGGED_IN
> as a result from a signature should be enough to make one want to login
> again!)

I will try that.

Thanks Emanuele,

[1] http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-devel/2005-August/006672.html