On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Andrey Jivsov wrote:

> I am attaching the tested patch to the file ifd-ccid.c to add support for the
> reader. The reader's USB IDs that I tested with are 0b97:7762 and 0b97:7772.
> Without this patch the ifd-ccid.c code will not work with these readers.
>
> The patch is based on the work done in the pcsc-lite project. The patch is
> made against openct-0.6.15-svn-r1127. I didn't make corresponding updates to
> text configuration files.

The patch is good (if a little conservative). I failed to notice this
badness, despite having one of these devices myself, because the openct
head includes a (broken, now that I look at it*) patch to the usb
descriptor handling that replaces the extra data for an interface with the
extra data for an endpoint, for any endpoint that has extra data (see
revision 942 of usb-descriptors.c). In the event that a new openct
release is prepared from the head, only one of these patches should be
used....

* the usb-descriptors.c patch is broken because it will throw away extra
data that an interface has if an endpoint also has extra data. Also, it
will leak memory if either a) both the interface and an enpoint have extra
data, or b) multiple endpoints have extra data. These scenarios are
unlikely....