Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
> Thanks for finding it!
> I think best is to revert r942 and ask Kurt Jaeger for a different patch.
> What do you think?
>
> On 2/3/09, Chaskiel Grundman <c...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
>
>>  On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Andrey Jivsov wrote:
>>
>>  > I am attaching the tested patch to the file ifd-ccid.c to add support for
>> the
>>  > reader. The reader's USB IDs that I tested with are 0b97:7762 and
>> 0b97:7772.
>>  > Without this patch the ifd-ccid.c code will not work with these readers.
>>  >
>>  > The patch is based on the work done in the pcsc-lite project. The patch is
>>  > made against openct-0.6.15-svn-r1127. I didn't make corresponding updates
>>  > text configuration files.
>>

>> The patch is good (if a little conservative). I failed to notice this
>>  badness, despite having one of these devices myself, because the openct
>>  head includes a (broken, now that I look at it*) patch to the usb
>>  descriptor handling that replaces the extra data for an interface with the
>>  extra data for an endpoint, for any endpoint that has extra data (see
>>  revision 942 of usb-descriptors.c). In the event that a new openct
>>  release is prepared from the head, only one of these patches should be
>>  used....
>>

>>  * the usb-descriptors.c patch is broken because it will throw away extra
>>  data that an interface has if an endpoint also has extra data. Also, it
>>  will leak memory if either a) both the interface and an enpoint have extra
>>  data, or b) multiple endpoints have extra data. These scenarios are
>>  unlikely....

Given that my patch at the moment is the only working fix, I would
suggest to keep it until the problem is fixed elssewhere (at
usb-descriptors.c). Perhaps the best strategy going forward is for the
person who will check in the fix to the generic descriptor handling code
to simultaneously remove my fix from ifd-ccid.c. Would this work? Thank
you.