On 04.02.2009, at 20:36, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 12:29:01 Martin Preuss wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Dienstag, 3. Februar 2009, Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>>> On Wednesday 04 February 2009 00:00:44 Martin Preuss wrote:
>> [...]
>>> True. This is why I suggest separating the reader framework from the
>>> application API.
>> [...]
>>
>> Ah, now I understand: so what you propose is to make the PC/SC just
>> a client
>> of the new framework, so that pcscd is no longer needed?
>>
>> Hmm, that really sounds interesting. That way all current APIs
>> could be used
>> in parallel...
>>
>> Even the non-blocking stuff alone would be worth it for me. Is
>> there a wiki or
>> something alike where we could all participate and organize our
>> ideas? That
>> would be much simpler than following the mails alone.
>
> You got this right.
> Yes, it is interesting and no I don't have any wiki or something...
> As Ludovic seems uncooperative I don't think this has much future.
> I won't create another competing project.
OpenSC has a wiki which can be used for anything smart card reƶated.
This definitely looks like something interesting that could be plotted
out a bit more for everyone to think about for a while. I believe if
the idea settles for a while and gets a more exact architecture and
actin plan, it would be much easier to make decisions.

m.
--
Martin Paljak
http://martin.paljak.pri.ee