2009/2/5 Peter Stuge <pe...@stuge.se>:
> Alon Bar-Lev wrote:
>> > Because of problems with libusb I have to timeout every 2 seconds
>> > so a PC_to_RDR_GetSlotStatus command is sent to the reader every
>> > 2 seconds.
>> > This short timeout should be removed in a later version of the
>> > CCID driver.
>>
>> I hope so... The dependency of libusb forces you to compromise.
>
> Can you tell me more about this issue? Was it discussed on
> libusb-devel?
>
> Maybe some of the many improvements in libusb-1.0 have eliminated the
> need for this bad behavior?

See [1] and [2] for a discussion about the 2 seconds timeout. This
timeout should be change to infinite in a future version of
libusb-compat.

This 2 seconds timeout is not the one I mentioned above. The problem I
have is described in [3]. I can't interrupt a synchronous libusb call.

Also note that my CCID driver is still using libusb-0.1 (wth
libusb-1.0 + libusb-compat if available) and not yet libusb-1.0
directly. I plan to switch when libusb-1.0 will be available in the
major Linux distributions.

Bye

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_name=baabf6440805290806x719e4cc0wc41f5d3d5220662b%40mail.gmail.com&forum_name=libusb-devel