Hi,

So it seems we have a nsplugin user and new developer?
Do you use it? Would you be willing to maintain/develop it?
nsplugin has not seen any real *development* for 8 years :
http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/log/trunk/src/signer

As I've also written a web signing plugin for Firefox/Opera/Safari I
can say it has changed from "Netscape plugins" to a more useful, cross-
browser API. I don't know if the current signer can do it. But it's
not trivial, for example on OS X plugins can have 3 or four different
entry ways into the plugin, depending on CPU architecture and browser
- different browsers (Namely Opera) do it a bit differently, at least
they used to 1.5 years ago.

If there are users who use the otherwise almost dead code, we can
extract it and leave it for those who want it, the way it currently
is. It would use a deprecated API (directly libopensc), compete with
pkcs11.sign() method of Firefox, would not work on other browsers and
would not have any real documentation or designed features.

On 24.10.2009, at 16:34, Diego Elio “Flameeyes” Pettenò wrote:

> The attached patch simplifies the Makefile.am support for building the
> nsplugin. Beside removing the recursion inside npincludes (unneeded),
> and avoiding entering the directory entirely when nsplugin is
> disabled,
> it also avoids building the static copy of the plugin itself (see [1])
> and at the same time installs it directly inside the nsplugin
> directory,
> rather than sing a symlink (and “polluting” the main library
> path).
>
> HTH,
>
> [1]
> http://www.flameeyes.eu/autotools-mythbuster/libtool/index.html#libtool.plugins.dlopen
>
> --
> Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
> http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
>
> If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
> it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/
>
> <opensc-0.11.10-nsplugin-
> opensc-devel mailing list
> opensc-devel@lists.opensc-project.org