2009/10/29 Hannu Kotipalo <ha...@kotipalo.fi>:
> Johannes Becker kirjoitti:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> when configuring OpenSC 0.11.11 under Debian lenny and squeeze I get
>>
>> PC/SC support:           no
>> NSPlugin support:        no
>>
>> I have installed  libpcsclite-dev  (Version: 1.4.102-1)
>>
>> What else do I need?
>>

>> By the way: opensc doesn't work as it comes with Debian squeeze
>> pcsc_scan detects reader and card, but opensc-tool doesn't find
>> the reader.
>>

> Same in Ubuntu 9.10 (64 bit). There seems to be a missing symbolic link.
> This helped me:
> sudo ln -s /lib/libpcsclite.so.1.0.0 /usr/lib/libpcsclite.so.1

On Ubuntu libpcsclite is in /lib and not in /usr/lib.
See http://bugs.debian.org/531592

The Ubuntu opensc package should be patched to use a different path.

I am not sure if the change from libpcsclite link at compilation to a
dynamic loading at runtime was a good idea. It is more work as user
support and package maintainer. But it is not less work for OpenSC
developers. Not a good change IMO.

> btw, I think *some* reader support (either pcsclite or opensc) should be on
> by default and there should be some warning if no reader support is
> configured. These could save a lot of time from the newcomers..

I agree. PC/SC should be used by default, and disabled on request if needed.
I don't know anybody using OpenSC without PCSC _and_ without OpenCT
support (ie the _default_ configuration).

Any objection to use PC/SC by default (again)?

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau