Am Samstag 06 Februar 2010 10:34:03 schrieb Alon Bar-Lev:
> The inf file management is very hard to maintain and produce something
>  sane. It great for drivers but not software.
> I prefer we do all what needed in the install batch file until someone
> come forward
> and maintain msi based package.

ok. is there any new method to create those?
I know nsis installer (creates exe files I think)
and wix (horrible complex xml stuff to create msi files - never
found out even how to get started).

> > btw: why don't you export DllMain? I thought it needs to be exported,
> > so it will be found. DllMain is a special symbol, the loader runs
> > this function of every Dll loaded before the main program is run
> > / continues to run. Not sure if that continues to work without the
> > export.
>
> As far as I know DllMain is called by the CRT [1] so the DllMain
> itself much like
> main should not be exported.
>
> [1] http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/988ye33t%28VS.80%29.aspx

ah, I thought if it wasn't in the export list, the linker might remove
the symbol and maybe even optimize away the whole function. so there is
some magic mechanism in the linker (at least for windows dlls) to keep
that symbol and function?

then fine with me.

Regards, Andreas