Am Freitag 05 Februar 2010 14:18:39 schrieb François Leblanc:
> Hi,
>
> Minidriver added.

good!

note: I removed the "Makefile.in".
All those files generated by automake, autoconf and libtool
are not submitted to svn, as they change, depending on the
version of these tools used by each developer, and we are
not interested in having these changes in the svn.

Users that want a full tar.gz file all such generated files
included can download the opensc releases, or the nightly
builds from /files/opensc/snapshots/ directory.

> Unfortunatly I can successfully use env to transmit SCARDHANDLE and
>  SCARDCONTEXT to Libopensc-2.dll so I use registry for now (still to be
>  improved).

ah, to transmit the handle from opensc-cardmod.dll to opensc-2.dll?
hmm, we could create some backdoor, like a static public variable
or some function to set a static variable. but that wouldn't be much
nicer either. not sure what the best plan is.

> Things to do,
> - Review libopensc/reader-pcsc.c to be better and to match needs
> - Add more pin management (unblocking pin etc...)
> - Documentations (wiki + code)
> - make card writeable with it (only read only for now)
> - and so on...

still a nice start. what works so far? can people read the
certificates, login with user pin, authenticate with signature
or decrypt emails?

did you test with some specific applications?

we could create an extra wiki page for testers, where we describe
how to setup opensc with card module, and how to test various functionality,
for example login with smart card authentication or using explorer or
outlook with it.

but I guess most test will be difficult, unless people have the necessary
infrastructure already. (IIRC smart card authentication needs active
directory and a microsoft PKI or something like that?) still it would
be nice to document these challanges, as a step to get more people involved.

Regards, Andreas