I want to voice my support for git. I use it for all my projects and love it.
Has anyone looked into project hosting on Github? I think it's free
for open-source projects, well-supported, and a large and growing user
community.

I'm new to the project so I don't know how much this project really
makes use of its issue tracker, but I'm hesitant to switch to a
behemoth like BugZilla unless there's a real business case for doing
so, as was mentioned previously in the thread. I personally really
like Redmine as a project management tool. It has issue-tracking,
wiki, file uploads, version-control integration, etc. It's built on
Rails, so it's not too painful to work with.
However, switching from one tool to any other tool is going to cause
some pain, so that needs to be evaluated before jumping-ship.

~Greg Mefford