hmm. if we had only one engine doing both rsa and gost, the
problem would be gone, without this "hack" required in opensc?

my point of view:
if so: I think that is the solution! please drop the stuff
from opensc, and work in that direction.

engine_pkcs11.c is bsd3 / openssl license, and libp11
is lgpl (but only 2k lines of code, and not very great code
anyway), so long term a unified engine is the way to go.

or send patches for libp11/engine_pkcs11 to handle gost.
(no idea how much work that would be - I'm quite clueless
over there. also gost engine might be much better than the
simple and hacky engine_pkcs11).

but maybe I missed something in the discussion or got some
parts wrong? please don't let me stay stupid :-)

Regards, Andreas