Martin Paljak wrote:
> On May 19, 2010, at 16:32 , Juergen Beisert wrote:
> > I don't know if this is the correct list to ask this question. If not,
> > please give me a pointer.
> >
> > Other SmartCard interfaces are built into an external reader (mostly
> > connected via USB or serial line). My SmartCard interface is built into a
> > SoC processor running a regular Linux based system. I have written a
> > small kernel driver to gain access to the hardware (the interface logic)
> > and also a driver for openct to make userland happy. So, all software
> > components (application, opensc, openct, driver, SmartCard interface,
> > SmartCard) are running on the same system.
> > Are there other people out there who are also using SmartCards in such a
> > way? So, does it makes sense to support this kind of connection in openct
> > and/or the kernel?
>
> pcsc-lite lately also grew better support for embedded systems. Maybe you'd
> be interested in integrating the SoC driver with the (more standard) PC/SC
> interface as well.
>
> SoC questions have surfaced quite often lately, so surely you're not alone.

I started with PCSC. But they are not interested in non CCID devices (and it
seems you have to re-implement the whole communication routines, if your
device is not a CCID one...).

On the other hand its not a question which userland application is in use. Its
only a question how to talk to a kernel driver for a SmartCard interface in a
generic way.

Regards,
Juergen

--
Pengutronix e.K.                              | Juergen Beisert             |
Linux Solutions for Science and Industry      | Phone: +49-8766-939 228     |