On Jul 6, 2010, at 2:05 PM, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:

> Le mardi 06 juillet 2010 à 12:39 +0200, Peter Stuge a écrit :
>> Use MinGW.
>
> Thanks. I will try using MinGW and a Debian host. I am glad I don't have
> to install a compilation environment under Windows.

Have you seen https://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/wiki/WindowsInstaller ?

There was a discussion about Windows installers 2 months back, you can find
them from the archive.

There are three separate issues:
1) how to build OpenSC and how to build dependancies. Compiler and build script
issue (mingw and cross-compiling vs native compiler). Currently mingw is used,
but native toolchain would be supperior.
2) how to package the resulting binaries, or "the installer". .zip, .exe, .msi?
What else the installer should do? Where and how should the binaries be put?
What tool to use to create the instaler?
3) how to automate the process. Either from Linux (with the help of Wine) or on
Windows? For optimal results, "happy to not need to use windows to develop for
windows" is not the best solution. Native installers mean more than a way to
get .exe and .dll files, people expect some kind of functionality and nice
integration with the platform.

The discussion faded out then, one of outstanding issue is adding an "OpenSC
home" registry during installation so that profiles could be found without
consulting the configuration file even if OpenSC gets installed to non-standard
locations.

--
Martin Paljak
@martinpaljak.net