Hello,

On Jul 7, 2010, at 12:35 PM, Martin Preuss wrote:
> I would rather use binary-relative path lookup instead of the registry.
Do you know if it works for loadable modules (opensc-pkcs11.dll)?

> The WIN32 function GetModuleFileName() can be used to derive the installation
> path of your project. We use this for our AqBanking family (and the AqFinance
> application): In the beginning we also used the registry but that approach
> wasn't flexible enough.

Why so? Can you describe the deficiencies of the registry approach?
OpenSC already makes use of the registry on Windows, which is a "standard"
method for application configuration on Windows. Maybe Windows 7 has invented
some new tricks?

> By using GetModuleFileName() on WIN32, _NSGetExecutablePath() on MacOSX and
> binreloc on other systems we can now provide binaries which are completely
> relocatable.  This has also the advantage that the complete project can me
> moved to another location later.

Eventually OpenSC needs to integrate with the system, if a minidriver is to be
installed, then it does not make sense to be a "draggable application" like
casual end user apps. I'd say it is a pretty static installation.

--
Martin Paljak
@martinpaljak.net