Am Donnerstag 23 September 2010, um 02:49:56 schrieb Andre Zepezauer:
> Therefore my question is: Do you think it could be worthwhile to take
> some efforts on standardising on *one* single definition of pkcs11.h?
> And given the case it would be worthwhile, how to start such an effort?

talk to rsa labs. they have a plan for a new version of the pkcs#11 standard
and they want to change the license of the pkcs#11 header files at that time
too. then we can all drop both our old and badly licensed pkcs#11 header files
from rsa labs or the new and free, but only partial, reimplementation from
scute project.

except of course those projects, that don't want to implement the new version
of the standard.

thats the problem with versioned standards: everyone can pick the version they
want to implement and support, and thus subtile incompatibilites are possible.
the non-free license on the header files, thus the need to reimplement what we
need from those files, made the situation even worse.

but I still hope pkcs#11 v2.30 will be released soon with a free license on
the header files. and that it won't contain problematic changes, thus everyone
can update to the new header files (and simple keep the version number they
implement at a lower value, if they don't want to update).

Regards, Andreas