On Sun, 2010-09-26 at 09:22 +0300, Martin Paljak wrote:
> Hello,
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 08:47, Andre Zepezauer
> <andre.zepeza...@student.uni-halle.de> wrote:
> > With the current trunk 2048b keys on CardOS are working again. Therefore
> > the max_*_size patches work for me. But I have two suggestions:
> >
> > [1] The intended overriding will not work, if the card has a default
> > value of zero for max_*_size. If this is the case, then limitations
> > imposed by the reader are not honoured.
> It would be a programming error, which does not make sense. Åšetting
> this to 0 would mean "I'm a card and I can't receive or send data, but
> here is my 1K LOC driver nevertheless".

The value of max_*_size actually defaults to zero [3] and will stay so,
if not overridden by the card driver. See how it is used in the
iso-driver. IMHO zero is a legal value and means that no restrictions
are imposed by the card. Same is true for reader drivers.

[3] http://www.opensc-project.org/opensc/browser/trunk/src/libopensc/card.c#L58