Hello Martin,

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 18:53 +0200, Martin Paljak wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2010, at 6:25 PM, Mr Dash Four wrote:
> > Two general questions:
> >
> > 1) To retrieve a data object (previously stored with "pkcs15-init -P"
> > etc) I use "pkcs11-tool -ry data --application-label XXX --slot YYY" (if
> > this data object is public, if private I add the -l option as well)
> > where YYY and XXX are specified/known in advance. Is this going to work
> > on all cards supported by OpenCT; and
> Please don't mix OpenCT (about accessing card terminals or readers/tokens)
> and OpenSC (about talking to cards via whatever supported interface).
>
> pkcs11-tool with data objects should work with all cards that have data
> objects support in their profile, and also other PKCS#11 providers.
>

> > 2) Is the method of retrieval of data on this object the same regardless
> > of the card used (i.e. executing pkcs11-tool with the above parameters
> > and then either no PIN prompt if the object is public or a PIN prompt if
> > the object has been stored with its --auth-id set)?
> Yes, this is how it should be.
>

> > The reason I ask this is because I would like the module I am developing
> > to work on (at least the majority of) cards which are (at least)
> > supported on OpenCT.
>
> What is the module you are writing? An alternative to OpenSC (not OpenCT)
> PKCS#11 module?

definitely not ....
http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-devel/2010-October/015155.html

> (I'm going through a huge backlog of e-mails after being finally almost-OK
> from an unexpected swim session in an ice-cold lake when fishing ...)

My impression is, that the activity on the list is mid-to-low since
three weeks or so. You are in luck, because the backlog isn't that huge.

I'm glad to hear that you are recovered soon ...

Regards
Andre