Hi,

Well this is just something we (and our customers) have encountered with the
readers that we have tested.
I don't know what causes the limitation (probably not the reader itself,
because they work in windows just fine).
So it might be in pcsc-lite, the ccid driver or something to do with usb in
linux??

Readers we have tested are:
- ACS ACR38 CCID
- Gemalto Twin Reader
- and some OmniKey reader (maybe 3121 if remember correctly)

All of these have the same issue, so I suspect that they are not the cause
of the problem.
Many of our customers have had the same problem and setting this value has
helped also them, so it is not only in our environment.

We have not investigated this further, because this setting solves the
problem, and does not affect performance that much that it would matter.

Kind regards,
Toni