Le 13 janvier 2011 18:39, Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE <jmpo...@gooze.eu> a écrit :
> Le jeudi 13 janvier 2011 à 18:08 +0100, Peter Stuge a écrit :
>> > * Unsupported.
>> > * Supported (and not should work).
>> > * Supported and reviewed (and not Supported).
>>
>> The good names depend on what "support" means in this context. I
>> don't know that. Do you? Maybe Ludovic can help clarify?
>
> A word should always be used in the common sense.
>
> In free software, supported means that a hardware/software can run,
> until anyone can fill a bug report or indicate that it is not supported.
> And then people propose patches. This is the common sense of
> "supported".

Free free to support any reader you want to support.
But I can't support a reader I do not have. So they are listed (by
default) in the "Should work but untested by me" list.

> Again:
> * Supported and reviewed by libccid author:
> Means that the hardware is supported and carefully reviewed. This is an
> indication of quality, but also that the vendor paid money.
> * Supported
> This is the usual meaning. Here is the R-301-v2.
> * Unsupported
> The reader did not fully pass the benchmark. There should be an
> indication of impact on OpenSC. If a reader is reported to work with
> OpenSC, users should know.

The readers listed on my 4 lists are not used only with OpenSC. So a
reader may be listed in the "Unsupported or partly supported CCID
readers" but work great with OpenSC.

Also note that readers listed in "Supported CCID readers/ICCD tokens",
"Should work but untested by me" and "Unsupported or partly supported
CCID readers" are all usable with my CCID driver.

Only readers in the "Disabled CCID readers" are not working at all and
are not recognized by my CCID driver.

Bye

--
 Dr. Ludovic Rousseau