On 15/02/2011 16:47, Viktor TARASOV wrote:

>> Ok. So, 'limiting' to 32 keys (due to said limit in pkcs15-tool), I
>> could have:
>>    cdf_size = 8640 # 3 * 32 * 90 (an average of 3 keys in every cert)
> You mean 3 certs for each key?
> I think that it's difficult to generalize this relation, the contexts of the
> card usage are so different.
I think a typical usage is that in every cert there's a "root" cert
(whose key is kept offline) that authenticates an intermediate CA cert
key (often kept online), that authenticates user key. So 3 certs for
every user key. Obviously there could be CAs that sign user keys
directly w/ their master key, and others that have more than one
intermediate CA. And really often a user only relies on a single CA for
all his/her certs, so needing only one root CA cert and 2-3 intermediate
certs (so reducing of 60 certs the storage needs).

> Of cause the last word is for Toni, but, imho, the actual default value of
> 'cdf-size' is really too low.
I always listen to more experienced people, then err on my own :)

> As for me it should be around one-two times larger then prkdf-size.
> I do not have justification for this relation, only very vague considerations:
> 2-3 certs per key,
Ok. So my value was right: 3 times prkdf-size :)

>>    prkdf_size = 2880 # 32 * 90
>>    pukdf_size = 2880 # idem... but why is default smaller than prkdf_size?
> Generally there is no PubKey object corresponding to the imported keys.
> Imported private key is immediately accompanied with the corresponding
> certificate
> or have sufficiently explicit attributes (ID) that allows to link it with the
> future certificate.
Ah, Ok. I thought a pubkey was stored anyway.

>> PS: seems MyEID can't generate<1024bit keypairs... Is it right? From
>> specs I understood it could work from 512 to 2048...
> It can generate 1024bit keys.
Yup. But I understood that it could generate keys down to 512. Probably
misunderstood the docs.

BYtE!