On 18/02/2011 10:54, NdK wrote:

>>> *But* if I specify a slot too, it asks me for a PIN. Too bad *none* of
>>> the PINs I created works:
>>> $ openssl req -days 3650 -new -out rootca.csshl.org.csr -config
>>> openssl.conf -engine pkcs11 -keyform engine -key 1:10 -sha1
Today openssl refusess to load engine from config (auto-upgraded to
openssl-1.0.0a)... Already seen some old topics in list :(
But, at least, using "interactive" mode seems to work.

>> Have you tried some other format? slot_XX:id_XX ? (even though it should be
>> the same). Having OpenSC log with the relevant C_OpenSession() and C_Login
>> lines is useful as well.
> Yup. All formats. Same result: slot 0 = no PIN, every other slot asks
> 'who knows' PIN.
Finally found by trial & error (after unlocking the PINs). In my case
slot is 3 and ID is 10.
So is slot the PIN# needed to unlock the key? But in that case, why
isn't it auto-detected?

> Using opensc-explorer, I could see that now I have a locked PIN (the #2).
> But "pkcs15-tool -u" gives me a strange prompt:
> Enter PUK [Security Officer PIN]:
> Enter new PIN [Security Officer PIN]:
> Enter new PIN again [Security Officer PIN]:
>
> So does it need PUK for CHV2, SOPIN or what else? Luckily this card is
> just a "test" one, but I'd like *not* having to reformat it... 4 tries
> left...
Now "fixed" by using opensc-explorer, so I still have a working card.
But can do some more tests if needed.

BYtE!