On 3/12/2011 1:40 PM, Viktor TARASOV wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For container's GUID I propose to adopt the classic serialized form
> (ex.{3F2504E0-4F89-11D3-9A0C-0305E82C3301})
> used by Windows containers.
>
> In this patch there is also little simplification of the key research, and
> some minor remarks.

(I am on vacation, so have not looked closely at the modification.
I cannot test anything until next week.)

What I had tried to do was use the card serial number || ID of the key.
It looks like you are doing this.
The Windows 7 built in driver for the PIV card was doing something like this.
I don't think the OpenSC containerID should match the W7 containerID
as there might be some confusion over which driver should be used.
(I could be wrong about this.)

> Kind wishes,
> Viktor.

  Douglas E. Engert  <deeng...@anl.gov>