On Jun 8, 2011, at 21:12 , Alon Bar-Lev wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 2:18 PM, Martin Paljak <mar...@martinpaljak.net> wrote:
>>> Trac sends emails about new tickets, can you convert that into RSS?
>> RSS has *always* been available from Trac timelines and other pages, most
>> browsers these days display a RSS button that reveals this. Cutting off
>> things from opensc-commits is not the target at the moment, compensating
>> similar services with Git is the question at the moment. Maybe, if deemed
>> suitable, the scope of opensc-commits can be shrinked, if most subscribers
>> can stay in the loop with other means (like RSS)
>
> I don't think RSS is a replacement for emails management,
> classifications and discussion.
> The commit mails are very useful.
Agreed. That's why I said that the question right now is how to have
functionality as close to current as possible with Git as well. The distributed
nature of Git makes it a bit different, but at least the "master" commits
should continue to flow to opensc-commits, but it would be nice to pull in
other changes and events as well. But IMHO the *real* purpose of opensc-commits
is making sure that people keep their hand on the pulse of the project and
review what is happening. I'll write about it separately.

Martin
--
@MartinPaljak.net
+3725156495