Hello,
On 11/1/11 12:07 , Jean-Michel Pouré - GOOZE wrote:
> We bought some SPR532.
They are old but good (in fact, the reference reader when I was working
on pinpad support in pcsc-lite/ccid). Make sure that the firmware is the
right version, they changed things back and forth several times.

> About ACS, did you try libacsccid? It is supposed to fill the gab.
>
> My opinion is that CCID is a loose standard. pcscd is modulal enough for
> vendors to provide their own CCID library. Event SCM does that, even it
> is not yet in Debian.
Vendors are free to distribtue what they want.

There are 193 readers in *the* CCID driver list of supported readers
[1], including some from ACS. This shows, that hardware can be made in a
compliant way and that ACS can do that as well. But a few readers from
ACS don't. I try to stick to readers that are compliant and there are
plenty to choose from.

Compare:
Claiming support for HTTP after requiring a proprietary handshake is as
good as claiming just the proprietary support. It means that you can
only use software already implementing the proprietary handshake. Or
hint, that it should be relatively simple to tweak existing software
that already talks HTTP to also do the proprietary handshake.

But it is definitely not HTTP as the rest of the world knows it.

Nevertheless, I might try out the driver as I really like the form
factor of ACS ACR83.

I had the reader before the hacked driver was available, so it has been
sitting uselessly in a box ever since.

[1] http://pcsclite.alioth.debian.org/ccid/section.html
--
@MartinPaljak