On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:57 PM, helpcrypto helpcrypto
<helpcry...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also, considering how governments are involved in technology, probably
> many countries will adopt them, like eID, DNIe, and so in the next
> years.
> In 1024bit mode, of course.

Huh, I'd guess (hope) nobody would be deploying *RSA* below 2048 bits
(smart cards doing 3k and 4k are also slowly emerging) and elliptic
curves are already becoming a viable option (in commodity software) as
well..

There's also a bunch of applications and use cases where the new age
vision of "wave your phone around" is not a good idea (for example I'd
better avoid taking my smartphone out unless I want/have to, and using
crowded public transport is not one of the places I'd like to do
it...)

And IMHO device-attached containers (TPM, Intel etc) are totally
different from transportable key-containers (like smart cards or USB
tokens)

Martin