I have installed the drivers from HID Global for this reader.

The same reader device driver will be used regardless of whether the
PKCS#11 module, or the minidriver is used to interact with the Smart
Card, right?

And as I mentioned when I use the PCKS#11 driver, I'm prompted to enter
my pin on the pinpad.  When I use the opensc minidriver, I'm prompted to
enter my pin in a windows dialog box using the PC keyboard.

Is the opensc minidriver not able to detect and use the pinpad?

- Tim