Hi,

I wonder what we can or should do to improve the state of the project.
It seems to me:
* the last release was 0.12.2, released on 17.07.2011, not enough
progress to create a release since.
* that is a maintenance release, the last major version was opensc
0.12.0 in 22-Dec-2010.
* discussions about new server / some migration / some improvement
etc. are similar old, no significant results yet

While there have been some proposals, e.g. in the thread about the
future of the server, there hasn't been any real
discussion, no back and forth about the merrits of the different
proposals, and no convergence on one option or decission
by anyone.

It seems to me the state of the project is defunct: while there are
requests, proposals, options and offerings, we are not
getting towards a decission or action it seems, as noone decides
anything or gets people to agree or to do things.

I haven't touched a smart card in over a year, so don't expect me to
do anything - that wouldn't work.

But if anyone is still concerned about the project, I think it is time
you take action. Don't look for anyone else,
it is you or noone. But many people offered help, if you want to drive
the project forward.

Regards, Andreas