Hello,

Le 11/11/2012 16:28, Andreas Jellinghaus a écrit :
> I wonder what we can or should do to improve the state of the project.
> It seems to me:
> * the last release was 0.12.2, released on 17.07.2011, not enough
> progress to create a release since.
> * that is a maintenance release, the last major version was opensc
> 0.12.0 in 22-Dec-2010.

We are preparing 0.13.0 release on the base of the master/staging branch of
Github OpenSC/OpenSC.
Now it's at rc1.
The candidates have been relatively well tested with some cards.
The nightly builds and release candidates are on the OpenSC file server and in
CI service.

My intention is to publish the next major release during the last two weeks of
November.
There are still few regression issues with MacOS and old cards.

I guess it's a good occasion to migrate the project.

What is the procedure to follow when publishing a new major release ?

> * discussions about new server / some migration / some improvement
> etc. are similar old, no significant results yet
>
> While there have been some proposals, e.g. in the thread about the
> future of the server, there hasn't been any real
> discussion, no back and forth about the merrits of the different
> proposals, and no convergence on one option or decission
> by anyone.
>
> It seems to me the state of the project is defunct: while there are
> requests, proposals, options and offerings, we are not
> getting towards a decission or action it seems, as noone decides
> anything or gets people to agree or to do things.
>
> I haven't touched a smart card in over a year, so don't expect me to
> do anything - that wouldn't work.
>
> But if anyone is still concerned about the project, I think it is time
> you take action. Don't look for anyone else,
> it is you or noone. But many people offered help, if you want to drive
> the project forward.

I propose to start migration the week 19-25.11 . I'll have more free time:
- sources: all sources will migrate to github;
- CI: CI server is currently hosted by 'opensc.fr' ;
- download: on the same platform can be hosted the file server;
- TRAC (wiki?): it seems that Peter Stuge proposed to do something with Trac.
Peter, if you are here, can you take this part, or at least explain how it
could be done, please?
If no suggestions, Trac can also be hosted by 'opensc.fr' .
- mailling list: the same, if no other suggestions, I'm ready to
install/migrate it to 'opensc.fr' platform.
Would be nice if one of the experts explain what is the actions to follow for
such migration.

> Regards, Andreas

Kind wishes,
Viktor.