Thanks for the quick response.  I've been banging my head against this for
quite some time now.

It also has the same error with the vmware-view-open-client.  On both
vmware-view closed source and open source, coolkey will pop up just fine,
but it won't recognize the right cert on the card.  OpenSC recognizes the
cert on the card, but just doesn't work with vmware-view.