On more then one occasion it's been brought to my attention that
creating references to/with IClientAPI is bad and should be avoided.  At
other times, I've seen people instructed that they should use it instead
of doing X, Y or Z.

I would like to try and get a consensus of those with commit access, to
determine if/when IClientAPI should be :
1) avoided at all costs
2) avoided when there isn't much extra work
3) used because there's no significant reason to avoid it

And if your recommending 1 or 2, what alternatives do you suggest for
obtaining information about the Agent that the IClientAPI currently
provides.  Using 1 or 2 will sometimes create additional dependencies on
other systems.

Thanks,
--
Michael Cortez