On Thu, Oct 01, 2009 at 12:51:49AM +0200, Melanie wrote:
> OpenSim Core is not a maker of distros. We are not a product
> company. We are a loose association of people who share an interest.
> We don't _want_ to make a "product", because we can't support a
> product. We make "bits and pieces" and let those with support staff
> handle productizing it.

It would be *great*, though, if the front page of opensimulator.org
pointed folks to places where they could download and get a product.
People come there looking to experiment with running opensimulator.  If
the page can point them to an easy as possible place to get and install
a distribution, that'd be a benefit for all.

--
--Rob Knop
  E-mail:    rk...@pobox.com