My 2 cents here:

If you want a distribution that works, MAKE IT

I'm investing time of my own into OpenSim and making sure that the
modules that I created ALWAYS work with the latest versions of Core.

Some people even ask me sometimes why I take the time to make sure
that the modules I created or that I contributed on work with both a
release version but also the trunk.

Simple answer: I want to make sure that even a simple soul can
download, drop in a module and have it working.

Fly-Man-