FYI, the branch has been merged.

On 5/4/2011 7:17 AM, Diva Canto wrote:
The caps branch is ready to be merged to master. It would be great if a couple of core devs would take a look before I merge it. Highlights:

- New section [ClientStack.LindenCaps] in OpenSimDefaults.ini that allows the specification of where each capability is served from.

- New dll: OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenCaps.dll. Contains all the capability-related modules that were previously in CoreModules, except one. The exception is CapabilitiesModule that is now in CoreModules.Framework and that holds the generic dictionary of per-client caps object and triggers the OnRegisterCaps event.

- New dll: OpenSim.Capabilities.Handlers.dll: contains some of the handlers. I didn't extract them all because some capabilities might never be served from anywhere but the simulator (?).

- The old Caps.cs (in OpenSim.Capabilities) has been slashed. It now holds only a dictionary mapping capability names and to handlers. The handlers themselves are in the other dlls.

From here on, the rule would be that any new capability of the Linden viewer to be implemented in core would be, in principle, split into the handler itself placed in OpenSim.Capabilities.Handlers.dll, and a module that registers that capability with the simulator in OpenSim.Region.ClientStack.LindenCaps.