This is very cool!

Fernando -- are there any quantitative results of how well PostgreSQL
handles OpenSim's workload compared to MySQL/MariaDB? Has anyone
tested the performance to see if it is actually better?

I know it's very hard to compare two database systems, because you can
easily produce a benchmark that does well on one and not the other.
But, in this case, we are talking about a fairly specific workload,
with OpenSim -- the workload will vary in scale depending on the
region's popularity, but the use patterns will be more or less similar
(within reason; if you have a heavily hacked special-purpose region,
its usage pattern may fall beyond the typical use case).

Anyway, I will see about giving this a try soon just to see if it's
stable and working. Do you have any documentation written up (on the
Wiki would be nice), or is it all just in the example config files and
the source code? Region operators might also be interested in a guide
detailing a migration process for those wanting to retain existing
data while moving from MySQL to Postgres.

Thanks!

Sean