Hello everyone,

I am interested in switching my MySQL 5.1.63 install over to one of the various MariaDB installs; I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with MariaDB and whether or not there are any issues in using it with OpenSim? I plan on utilizing one of the builds based on MySQL 5.1.xx; probably MariaDB 5.3. My reasons for this is because I am not quite ready to switch over to MySQL 5.5 code base just yet.

Also I am interested in utilizing the TokuDB storage engine with MariaDB. I noticed that in my current database OpenSim is mainly using InnoDB with MyISAM being used for the land related tables; would there be any issues in switching them over to TokuDB (At the very least the InnoDB tables)?

Some specific questions I am looking to have answered are:

* Are there any noticeable performance gains using OpenSim on MariaDB? With TokuDB as the storage engine? * Is MySQL Administrator GUI tool compatible with MariaDB? (Old, I realize, but I prefer it over the MySQL Workbench) * Are there any known issues I should look out for with MariaDB and/or Toku DB? * Are the .sql dump files produced by either compatible with each other? (I plan on using a .sql dump outputted by MySQL to get my database over to the MariaDB install... and might need to utilize a .sql dump file outputted by MariaDB to go back to MySQL if I need to switch back for whatever reason)

This is all going to undergo install and testing on a separate machine with its own 'new' database of course. I won't be touching my production database for a while until I'm completely comfortable with the new setup :)

Initial set up and testing is to be done on a Windows 7 x64 system, .NET, with 4 GB of RAM; eventually to be migrated to another system, Win 7 x64, .NET, 7 GB of RAM on OS 0.7.6 Release

Thank you!

--
OpenSim: 10 Region Standalone on 0.7.6 Dev
Physics: Open Dynamics Engine