A container could certainly mock up a viewer/owner to help someone
test an application.

hi5 plans to do something like this to allow you to 'preview' a gadget
before installing it on your profile.  This would allow one to see how
an application performs without sharing any personal data with the
application.

So, for example I could inject the following into your app:

  VIEWER: Snow White,  Friends: 7 dwarves
  OWNER: Mr X, Friends: the X-men

One could envision a whole bevy of such fake relationships that could
be used to unit-test application code.

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 11:36:17AM -0000, RickMeasham wrote:

> On Nov 8, 6:59 pm, "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it'll work properly.
> > As apposed to the google gadget that aren't user based, the openSocial
> > apps will need to get the owners details - his friends, etc.
>
> I'd suggest that the 'sandbox' would let you set options such as the
> number of contacts the fake-person has and if any of them have the app
> installed too .. maybe other settings.
>
> If you're creating a deeply social app, then yes you'll probably want
> to be testing it on a live system.
>
> Cheers!
> Rick Measham

> "OpenSocial Developers" group.