Keep in mind that most (all?) JavaScript implementations out there
will choke if you try to store or manipulate 64-bit integers (signed
or unsigned), so for all JS code, you should treat ids as strings.
Of course, since ids are pretty much opaque values, this doesn't
really cause any problems; for example, it would never be meaningful
to add two user ids.

                                (Dan)