Sorry for taking so long to get back to you guys!

@Johannes - Currently, all I have on my radar is the Google Developer
Days.  There have been some impromptu events in Europe (at least one
hackathon in London that I remember), but I don't think that there is
anything currently planned.  If anything comes up, we'll be sure to
announce it on the OpenSocial API blog, though.

@Justin - There wasn't, but those are really good suggestions.  We're
generally on IRC during the day and will attempt to be online during
future events, but adding a Twitter feed is a great idea.  Video has
its own set of problems, but maybe we can videotape future sessions
and post them online.  I know that the sessions from the upcoming
Google I/O will be videotaped and posted online, so you'll be able to
experience some of the content from the event, even if you are unable
to attend.

~Arne