This is great advice.  I've been an advocate for a wiki interface like hi5
and facebook.  Ideally this would reside on opensocial.org, so we've been
holding off for the time being while the OpenSocial foundation gets up and
running.

A quick solution would be to open up the opensocial-resources wiki for
public editing.  Thoughts?

~Arne

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 10:43 AM, justin kruger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> yeah, hi5 has their game face on. ;-p
>
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Aakash Bapna <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Even i agree the documentations is not well linked its all scattered
> across
> > gadgets, orkut, opensocial, opensocial-resource etc..
> > A wiki can solve the problem.. like the Hi5 went for wiki.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > ~@@[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > http://aakash-bapna.blogspot.com
> >

> > ________________________________
> >> Date: Tue, 20 May 2008 12:32:34 -0500
> >> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> To: opensocial-api@googlegroups.com
> >> Subject: [OpenSocial] Re: Error Submitting a New Application (Please
> Help)
> >>

> >> Arne, the documentation is a good start, but can you just let it go
> wiki?
> >>
> >> As we find things out, we can update the docs. For example:
> >>
> >> *articles are not well linked in to from the api calls that are
> >> discussed in said articles. I know i have had to point people to the
> >> articles a few times.
> >>

> >> *
> http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.7/reference/opensocial.DataRequest.html#newFetchPersonRequest
> >> it claims you get a person object back, and links to it, but you have
> >> no idea how to take that until you realize that you need to read the
> >> callback. for a first time user, this is confusing.
> >>
> >> *there needs to be more examples, the jQuery docs do a great job of
> >> this, and the wiki even allows you to store script.
> >>
> >> *many containers are either out of date with 0.7 like ning, or they do
> >> not implement the spec fully.
> >> for example: many containers do not implement
> >>

> http://code.google.com/apis/opensocial/docs/0.7/reference/gadgets.Prefs.html
> >> which is a gadget core object. i have had to replace that
> >> functionality with custom code to fetch "onload" user settings that
> >> are required to draw the app. it would really be great as we solve
> >> problems and create work around, to again have one place to post to,
> >> instead of an email list, that even though is indexed, it is not
> >> unpalatable as things change for each network.
> >>
> >> *we should be able to verify functionality of each function for each
> >> network and see which networks support it if its a new function, and
> >> if it is an old function, which ones don't. kinda a praise and
> >> promotion for the leaders, and some encouragement for those social
> >> networks that are lagging.

> ..................xml"

> >> --
> >> --
> >> Justin Kruger
> >> http://jDavid.net
> >> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >>
> >> "If you are successful, it is because somewhere, sometime, someone
> >> gave you a life or an idea that started you in the right direction.
> >> Remember also that you are indebted to life until you help some less
> >> fortunate person, just as you were helped." --Melinda Gates
> >>

> --
> [...]

OpenSocial IRC - irc://irc.freenode.net/opensocial