We grabbed the client that Jason's putting together and started
exploring that code. It's located here:
http://code.google.com/p/opensocial-java-client/

Using this and the eclipse tcp monitor we've been able to dissect a
good bit of stuff.  We've run it against a vanilla shindig server.  We
are looking now at hitting something orkut.

-Mark W.