Hi Kevin,

  OpenSocial containers are not only JavaScript based.  With 0.8, they
now support both REST and RPC calls, as described in these two
documents:

http://www.opensocial.org/Technical-Resources/opensocial-spec-v081/rpc-protocol
http://www.opensocial.org/Technical-Resources/opensocial-spec-v081/restful-protocol

  We've just released libraries to help developers use these protocols
in Java, PHP, Ruby, and Python, which you can learn more about here:

http://opensocialapis.blogspot.com/2008/12/opensocial-now-friends-with-php-java.html

  Sadly, there's no current .NET implementation, but it should be
pretty straightforward to port the Java version to C#.   Of course, if
you do this, please consider open sourcing your work as an additional
client library!

Hope this helps,
~Arne