I've looked at the discussion board, and although there seems to be
quite a few people who are asking similar questions, I have not found
a very satisfying answer.

I would like to build an application that has three main pieces of
functionality, lets call them 'list all things', 'see a thing in
detail' and 'see a thing in a slightly different way'. Each piece of
functionality has a completely different look to it. 'list all things'
should be a list of clickable 'thing' hyperlinks. When you click on a
'thing' I would like the application to switch to show the details,
that is, I don't want to see the list anymore I want to see the
details of the 'thing'. Similarly, on the 'see a thing in detail'
screen there is a hyperlink to 'see a thing in a slightly different
way' which has its own look.

My question is, is there a way to decompose the application so that I
write three loosely coupled sections of code?

Or, do I have to:
1. use a single div and wipe out the div and start appending to it in
response to clicking the link for all three sets of functionality
2. write three separate opensocial apps (this is fine with me but how
do I provide links for navigation)
3. do something completely obvious that I have not listed above- if so
my apologies

Any help would be greatly appreciated.