Howdy

More FC examples!!! WooHoo!

I wanted to do something with OpenSocial and OpenId etc. for a while
but was not sure where to jump into that ocean. FC was a great way to
get my feet wet. I set up a simple page and put some of the examples
on and then put a few example gadgets on iGoogle then my FC site. It's
starting to make sense.

I did stumble around at first. I did not get that I had to login to FC
and set up a site THEN log in again when I came back to manage my FC.
It seems simple now, but I was confused at first.

I just worked with someone that hit some bumps getting started. He did
not want to d/l the two files (he has learned that d/lding files can
be uhhh bad) and then we had to smooth some more bumps to get his
first app running, I used my site as an example and he was up and
social pretty quick.

He wants to hook a javascript database to his apps. I did not get any
details and am not sure how he can save the state of the d/b easily
with FC.

I installed shindig and my helloworld example from my FC test just
worked. I will be interested in any FC examples.

It's a lot to get all at once for me. I'll get there. Examples help a
lot :-)

Thanks

Gary