You're right in that only a few networks support 3-legged OAuth
currently, but we're working on increasing that number in the coming
months.

If you'd like a workaround right now which allows users from multiple
social networks to log into your website, check out Google Friend
Connect, which aggregates users from many networks and can be
integrated with your site using the OpenSocial client libraries:
http://code.google.com/apis/friendconnect/opensocial_rest_rpc.html

As for client library support for 3-legged, at least the PHP, Ruby and
Java versions support this- were you using a different library?

~Arne